Dandy (ダンディ Dandi ) is the human protagonist of Space Dandy. He is a carefree alien hunter and captain of his own personal spaceship, the Aloha Oe. His life mission is to visit all the intergalactic locations of a restaurant known as BooBies and indulge in his posterior fetish.
Dandy's most profound feature is his slicked back pompadour hair style. He sports a red shirt under a grey-blue and white jacket with navy blue pants. Around his neck is a talisman that reads 成田山 . He also has large boots with metal soles.
When hunting aliens, Dandy wears a white full body suit, with blue rings around the shoulders and a blue line down the middle of the torso. This suit also has white gloves, and white boots.
Personality and RelationshipsEdit
Dandy, or Space Dandy, is the anti-hero protagonist of the series and has a matching personality to go along with his looks; a delinquent and a bully. Dandy is not above shoving menial tasks to QT like cooking and cleaning up his Aloha Oe and grumbling how useless Meow is, and often neglects their thoughts and opinions.
Dandy is also shown to be a callous man and does not hesitate to sacrifice his crew for his own life, like abandoning Meow to the Deathgerian. Despite his boorish attitude and lax exterior, Dandy has a big heart, ready to help any female in need, though occasionally he does help males, within his interests. Examples include assisting Adelie in searching her remaining relatives and helping Dr. H in locating Code D.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Dandy is unfortunately a poor combatant and a inaccurate marksman, being unable to hit multiple aliens clumped in a group within a close range. The reverse however, could be said to his skills piloting the Aloha Oe's mecha pod, Little Aloha. Dandy could take out aliens larger than his mecha and even won a race by date. Dandy is also shown be a pro surfer, shown in his escape from the Undian and Vestian's planet by navigating through the debris easily. He is said to have retired because no waves could "stir his heart".
- "Live with the Flow, Baby"
- "The Search for the Phantom Space Ramen, Baby"
- "Occasionally Even the Deceiver Is Deceived, Baby"
- "Sometimes You Can't Live with Dying, Baby"
- "A Merry Companion Is a Wagon in Space, Baby"
- "The War of the Undies and Vests, Baby"
- "A Race In Space Is Dangerous, Baby"
- "The Lonely Pooch Planet, Baby"
- "Plants Are Living Things, Too, Baby"
- "There's Always Tomorrow, Baby"
- "I'm Never Remembering You, Baby"
- "Nobody Knows the Chameleon Alien, Baby"
- "Even a Vacuum Cleaner Can Love, Baby"
- Space Dandy sports your standard Regent pompadour often sported by Japanese Delinquents. Space Dandy's character design art depicts him as one. He's got the Regent Pompadour and slouching-yet-intimidating posture.
- During Dandy's "live with the flow" rant, one bit has the background as the word "Muda" (useless) repeated endlessly. This is a reference to the Manga/JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- Dandy's religious charm 成田山 could mean the Naritasan Temple or Shinshō-ji (新勝寺).